Daily deliveries have become commonplace for numerous homeowners thanks to the shift to online shopping. You love the convenience of having goods dropped at your door, but there is a drawback. Those packages sitting in plain sight are invitations to potential crooks. Porch piracy continues to be a real concern, but you have the chance to protect yourself from it by installing a home security system with a doorbell doorbell. These components are effective tools to combat opportunistic thieves, but they do significantly more.
Take a second to see how they work and why there’s a good chance they’ll become an integral facet of your smart home.
Advantages of a Palm Springs video doorbell
Available in wired and wireless options, video doorbells provide a great number of sophisticated features, and the technology continues to progress. You are now able to customize detection zones, communicate with people on your porch, and receive real-time alerts whenever an item is delivered.
The best way to understand how a Palm Springs video doorbell camera works is to explore the numerous perks it can provide. Take a look at these features:
- Active deterrents: You won’t get this on all models, but there are a couple of smart video doorbells that take an active role in discouraging theft with alerts that can be heard and seen. This is a great way to let thieves know somebody is watching.
- All-encompassing camera view: You will benefit from seeing the whole picture, and that includes the faces of visitors at your entry and items on the ground. Cameras with 180-degree x 180-degree field of vision provide a total perspective.
- Vivid streams any time of day: If you don’t have good picture quality, what’s the use of getting a doorbell camera? Top models will give you exceptional night vision and high dynamic range (HDR) resolution.
- Package delivery notifications: Would you like to know when a package is delivered? You can enjoy automatic alerts from video doorbells capable of differentiating between visitors and deliveries.
- Talk to the person at your door: Is a person waiting at your main entry? Two-way audio gives you the chance to ask their purpose for being there. You might even take advantage of this beneficial feature to scare off people hanging around your entrance.
- Avoid false alarms: Top doorbell cameras will even give you the opportunity to customize detection zones. Clearly identifying the viewing area will help you minimize false alarms triggered by pedestrians or pets.
- Instant access to footage: A video doorbell integrated into your smart home offers you the opportunity to access current and archived video straight from your phone’s security app.
Video doorbells keep you linked to your home like you’ve never been before, as you may interact with them right from your phone, no matter where you are. They’ll notify you when a visitor arrives, provide visuals of what’s going on, and even let you communicate with whoever’s at your door. These components have become difference-makers in terms of safety and convenience.