Leading safety tips for new homeowners in Palm Springs
If you purchased your first home or you’re about to, congratulations! It’s an exciting time for your family. You’re probably considering the ways you might individualize your house with paint, furnishings, and decor. But, before you go all-in on redecorating, make sure you consider home security as well. Keeping those you care about safeguarded should always be a point of emphasis, and we’ll help you do so with these safety tips for new homeowners in Palm Springs.
Perform a safety audit of your new Palm Springs property
Now that you’re contemplating safety, discover what your new home has in terms of protection. First, make certain you have functioning smoke alarms. Inspect every one and switch out batteries if needed. Do you have carbon monoxide detectors? Is there a water sensor in the cellar? This is also a smart time to update door locks and investigate all window locks. Go room-by-room and scope out your property.
Smart security tips for your Palm Springs home
Once you’ve finished your initial investigation of safety alarms and locks, you should think about enhancing your protection. Get started with these security tips for your home in Palm Springs.
- Invest in a new home security system. One of the best things a new homeowner in Palm Springs can do is integrate a home security system. The latest in wireless advancements let you keep a close watch on your property even when you’re at the office or on vacation. You can scan live video feeds, control entry locks, and even speak with people on your front steps right from your mobile device. You can even customize with incredible security implements like video cameras and monitored fire alarms.
- Upgrade outdoor lights. Outside lights with motion detectors are an effective solution in deterring potential intruders. You may even use them in conjunction with outdoor cameras. When a motion sensor is tripped, it can tell your video equipment to begin recording.
- Maintain your yard. Are you able to see all of your property through your windows? Are there overgrown shrubs and trees obstructing your view? Eliminate possible places to hide by keeping your yard well maintained. Your neighbors will appreciate it too.
- Make friends with people in your area. Speaking of your neighbors, get to know them. If you know people nearby, there’s a greater chance they’ll let you know if they detect suspicious activity. You might also get involved in your area’s social media presence if one is created.
- Benefit from home automation. If you install an innovative smart home, you can make it appear like you’re inside by activating smart lights at scheduled times. This is a great option when you’re away.