Tips for using the Vivint Smart Hub in your Palm Springs smart home
The Vivint Smart Hub is the core of your security system as it connects your security sensors, cameras, locks, and thermostats into one cohesive system. This easy-to-use, 7-inch color touch-enabled panel places you in full control of your Palm Springs home’s security and automation. Learn more about what it can do and explore recommendations to get you started.
How can the Vivint Smart Hub in Palm Springs benefit you?
Connecting wirelessly to sensors and other implements via radio frequencies and the Z-wave communications protocol, the Vivint Smart Hub is the command center for your residence. You may arm your system, program lights, change thermostat settings, and more. When integrating a doorbell camera, you can even talk to someone standing at your door. The Vivint Smart Hub features cellular capability and a backup battery for added reliability. It also gives you total remote operation through the Vivint smartphone app.
Here are some of the things you can do:
- Review current or saved footage from any linked cameras
- Arm or disarm your home security
- Turn lights on or off
- Operate your garage door
- Modify your home comfort settings
- Talk directly to your monitoring center
You can get even more creative with your Vivint Smart Hub in Palm Springs by implementing schedules or creating preferences. To illustrate, you might have your smart thermostat adjust automatically every night at a particular time. Or, you can set preferences like having your entrances unlock when the smoke detector goes off.
Tips for arming and disarming your system
Before you get into all the amazing things your Vivint Smart Hub can do, you’ll need to know how to arm and disarm your system. It’s straightforward - just abide by these instructions:
- Touch the shield icon on the main screen and slide to the left for “Stay” and right for “Away.”
- Stay signifies you will still be present inside your home and arms everything besides interior doors and motion sensors.
- Away means you will be away, and each sensor in your home will arm.
- To disarm, simply slide the shield icon down and type in your PIN.
You’ll observe a warning if something is preventing the system from arming. To illustrate, an open window will urge you to take action. Note that you are still able to arm your home’s security by adhering to the steps above. You will then have to verify that you want to circumvent the sensor that isn’t ready.
How to add or remove users to your Vivint Smart Hub in Palm Springs
Despite the fact that many users can be programmed when you first get your system, you will likely want to add an additional user in the future. Here’s how it’s done.
- Tap the menu icon (three dots) near the bottom right corner of the home screen.
- Press “Users” and enter your PIN.
- Touch “Add new user” toward the bottom.
- Tap “Name,” provide the the name you want to use, and hit the Next button.
- If you would like to give the user remote access, tap email or phone and submit the information to deliver an invite.
- Hit Next and then establish a PIN for the new user.
- To take out a user, just go to the menu, tap users, pick the user you wish to delete, and then select “Delete User.”
Automate and secure your home with Vivint
Would you like to take charge of your home’s automation and security through an easy-to-operate touchscreen panel? You’ll enjoy the Vivint Smart Hub and your new Palm Springs smart home. Contact (760) 334-5668 to learn more.